Kelly Natatorium

Philadelphia Water works was in operation from 1812-1909, then became the Philadelphia Aquarium from 1911-1962, with a portion of the defunct Aquarium being converted by the Kelly Family (Grace Kelly’s family) to a 3 lane swimming pool which was used until 1972. It currently sits vacant and abandoned, but Bradley Maule of hiddencityphila.org has a kickstarter project to bring some new life into the space, while honoring its history. (http://festival.hiddencityphila.org/projects/9)

Click the photo to view more of the history and photos of the Kelly Natatorium

Advertisements
__ATA.cmd.push(function() { __ATA.initSlot('atatags-26942-5c6fff37eda38', { collapseEmpty: 'before', sectionId: '26942', width: 300, height: 250 }); });
__ATA.cmd.push(function() { __ATA.initSlot('atatags-114160-5c6fff37eda3a', { collapseEmpty: 'before', sectionId: '114160', width: 300, height: 250 }); });

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.