Kelly Natatorium

Philadelphia Water works was in operation from 1812-1909, then became the Philadelphia Aquarium from 1911-1962, with a portion of the defunct Aquarium being converted by the Kelly Family (Grace Kelly’s family) to a 3 lane swimming pool which was used until 1972. It currently sits vacant and abandoned, but Bradley Maule of hiddencityphila.org has a kickstarter project to bring some new life into the space, while honoring its history. (http://festival.hiddencityphila.org/projects/9)

Click the photo to view more of the history and photos of the Kelly Natatorium

__ATA.cmd.push(function() { __ATA.initDynamicSlot({ id: 'atatags-26942-5dcd62d8a1f95', location: 120, formFactor: '001', label: { text: 'Advertisements', }, creative: { reportAd: { text: 'Report this ad', }, privacySettings: { text: 'Privacy settings', } } }); });

Blog at WordPress.com.